From its beginning in 2001 the Strong Start® literacy project has been witness to this great community of Waterloo Region rallying around in support of its children. Recent examples of this have come from the Optimist Club of New Hamburg, RDM Corporation, Karl Wahl, Paul A. Bender Insurance Broker and Betty Townshend.
- Optimist Clubs around the world serve their communities under the banner of Friend of Youth. After hearing about Strong Start® the Optimist Club of New Hamburg sent a donation to help ensure that all children in Waterloo Region learn to read.
- We are delighted that RDM Corporation, a provider of hardware, software and service solutions for electronic cheque processing, is joining our family of sponsors who share in our vision that all children read. Thanks to Graham Heidt, V.P. Product Development, for understanding the wisdom of investing in the young child.
- Karl Wahl, a retiree who heard about Strong Start® last year, has with his recent gift, once again sent the message that this community cares about its children. Thank you, Mr. Wahl, for your kind donation and your loyalty to our cause.
- Paul A. Bender Insurance Broker Ltd. has been a loyal, frequent supporter of Strong Start® for several years. We recently received yet another donation from Paul who is always thinking about the importance of helping young learners.
- Betty Townshend has been an enthusiastic supporter of Strong Start® as a Volunteer Coach in the program for several years and as the sponsor for W. T. Townshend Public School (named in honour of her late husband). Thank you, Betty, for your continuing financial assistance.